|Dungeon item||Titan's Mitt|
|Previous dungeon||Skull Woods|
|Next dungeon||Ice Palace|
- Main article: Quick_Warps § Flute_Quick_Warp
Notice that he talks to the NPC from as high as possible, holds up-left after the dialog and then uses the item switch to confirm his position. After the warp he does not need to move at all to dig. Link ALWAYS digs to the right, unless you are holdingon the D-pad.
Gibos before Hellway
Enter the room, avoid getting slowed down by the Bastard Door, recognize the movement pattern of the lower Gibo and dodge as much as you have to. Using the item switch to bombs as a buffer is helpful, but there are also other opportunities to use that menu to consider.
If the bottom Gibo moves...
- north: you can dash immediately
- north-east, east or south: you have to walk halfway down the room before you can dash and stop in front of the statue
- north-west or south-west: you have to get dangerously close to the bottom spikes
Another way to deal with this room is to take the upper route, which requires you to delay your dash to not run into the Fire Fairy. Holding up when entering and slashing once works well as a buffer. This time we're looking at the top Gibo and the pause buffer is especially useful to recognize the special cases.
Any Other than SW4'13
Same execution for 5/6 patterns, plus special case when the lower guy moves north. File
South-west movement means you have to wait. File
Sometimes the bottom guy moves into your way, which is still an OK pattern if you react quickly. File
Rare, Lucky Case4'28
If you have beams and slash early enough AND the bottom guy moves NE, you actually kill him thanks to the spike. File
Don't touch thewhen you start your first dash to increase the chance of landing in the right position, that allows you to dash inbetween the spikes. The first Gibo will only be in your way if it moves straight north or south. The door at the end of the hallway is very generous when it comes to dashing through: As long as you are at least one pixel away from the statues left or right, you will not bonk. This is another room in which the pause buffer to bombs can be helpful.
You can look at the distance between Link and the statues to aim your dash into the door. File
Often it is worth taking an intentional hit for the invincibility, because it is easy to take a lot more damage when lingering in the room. File
To get boosted north like this, you need to walk down-left into the upper half of the spike. File
Upstairs Bomb Floor
Final opportunity to use the item switch to bombs as a buffer.
- Hold right and drop the bomb as soon as possible. You cannot use bombs while still inside the door.
- Keep holding right until you reach the wall. This way you avoid the enemy below.
- If the Buzz above you is coming down, slash up.
- Grab the bomb, walk down slightly inbetween the tables and throw the bomb. The bomb will miss if you are not far enough away from the target.
- Walk back up to the rail and dash out the door. If no enemy was in your way, you will need to delay the dash for the bomb to explode. Make sure you touch the rail or you might get hit on your way out.
All enemies are easily avoided. File
Enemy from Above4'45
Only case where you need to deal with a Buzz. File
Conveyor Belts Switch Pot
Hammerdashing is the fastest strat by 10-15 frames when done optimally. Slashing at enemies can cause a lot of lag in this room, especially with beams.
Dash, then Hammer7'39
Hold up-right to start the dash. Kills the Stalfos no matter the RNG. File
Hold up to walk inside the door frame, then press right to nudge against the corner, if you want to make this easier. The Stalfos can get in your way. File
Placeholder text ..