Difference between revisions of "NMG Proposed Rules"
(Created page with "Hello! Let me start with: THIS IS NOT A DECISION. THIS IS NOT FINAL. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS TO TRY TO CLARIFY THE RULES. We have spent so long trying to shoehorn glitches...")
Revision as of 19:51, 24 June 2019
Hello! Let me start with: THIS IS NOT A DECISION. THIS IS NOT FINAL. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS TO TRY TO CLARIFY THE RULES. We have spent so long trying to shoehorn glitches into categories, and we believe we have, in the long run, not been successful doing so cleanly. This has been demonstrated recently by railclipping, and the struggle to categorize it as "major" or "minor" or in-between. So we want to approach the problem a different way. We wanted to instead look at what we've called "NMG", identify what we believe the run should look like, and instead list clear rules for the category beyond "No Major Glitches." As such, we've come up with a list of proposed rules. In the future, any new glitch would be 'tested' against these rules to decide if it is allowed in the categories that utilize the "NMG" Ruleset. What we would like is for folks to look at these rules, and test them for sanity. Do they keep the run in the spirit of NMG today? Does it allow anything we haven't thought of? Please review these and share your thoughts. The eventual goal is to present a solid ruleset to the community for "NMG", "NoEG/DG/WW", and "NoEG" to the community for discussion and voting, but we're starting with NMG as a base. The 5 rules are:
- The player is to remain inbounds at all time, not using any glitches or techniques to pass through (either partially or totally) dungeon or overworld walls/cliffs in an unintended manner. Passing through interior features such as rails, spikes, and blocks is acceptable.
- Any screen transition must be natural (that is, without the use of a bottle, mirror, or somaria block, etc used DURING the transition to modify, bypass, or interrupt its outcome) and possible without the use of glitches or a misaligned camera.
- You may not utilize any means to place yourself on an unintended layer or improperly transition between valid layers ("Exploration Glitch.")
- All dungeons must be entered through their natural intended entrance.
- Misslotting and RAM preparation is banned.