From ALttP Speedrunning Wiki
- Choose a random number between 0 and 3. If it's 0, throw a bomb. Otherwise, choose a random direction, based on the table below, with a 50% chance for either direction. Every 5th direction, the hinox will face Link and also double his movement speed.
Option 1 Option 2 Up Left Right Down Right Left Left Up Down Right Down Up
- Walk in the chosen direction for between 96 and 159 frames, at 1 pixel every other frame. If the hinox is on a 5th movement that targets Link, it will move at 1 pixel every frame.
- It takes 64 frames for the hinox to perform a normal throw. There is a 32 frame windup before the bomb itself is thrown.
- After throwing a bomb, the hinox will delay choosing a new direction for 2 frames.
- If a hinox takes damage, it will face Link and throw a bomb with a 48 frame timer (a 16 frame windup)