From ALttP Speedrunning Wiki
Hobo Clip is a Major Glitch that allows the player to clip and jump into the water near the Stone Bridge in Light World to access Hobo quickly.
- Get spinspeed (or hookspeed)
- Hold and tap into the corner until Link jumps into the water. If you just hold diagonal like you can with most spinspeed corner clips, Link will not jump into the water.
- If you jump really late into the corner clip, you'll get a high diagonal jump angle. This isn't a huge deal, just loses a little time.
- Stand along the slope somewhere in the y-coordinate window
B78-B7E(a 7 pixel window).
- Dash Buffer Clip right until Link jumps the ledge. He'll splash and get put back into the slope.
- Using your preferred buffer method (video uses a Sword Buffer), buffer . This has a few frames of leniency, so you don't have to be ultra careful doing it. You'll know you have it from Link getting snapped up and slightly to the right.
- Charge a dash and make sure Link is turned facing up before the charge completes. Hold Fake Flipper onto the Hobo Screen. in the air and Link will hit the water and hop north. While he's in this small hop, begin holding and he'll swim into the transition and you'll
- If you hold before the little north hop, disaster strikes in the form of an infinite scroll.