Tutorials and other external resources
From ALttP Speedrunning Wiki
- FMG TUT: Advanced Any% NMG Tutorial by Fricker22, mooglemod, and greenHam (Edited & broken down by segment) (in-progress, started late February 2019)
- Andy's NMG Tutorial (created 5 February 2014)
- Runnerwatcher's NMG Tutorial Part 1; Part 2; Part 3 (created 29 January 2015)
- Fruitbats' NMG tutorial (created September 2015)
- Runnerwatcher's "messy" Master Sword tutorial
- downtimedeath's NMG tutorial aimed at ~127 players (created February 2016)
Other speedrunning resources
- ALttP Strategy Hub
- Krystal's Notesmash. This is an archived version of her site, which was removed sometime in 2017.
- Skarsnik's beginner guide
- Miscellaneous tips 'n tricks by helgefmi
- Bomb and Arrow route by miketheviewer
- -The Official A Link To The Past Randomizer portal.
- -A Practice Hack for speedrunners to practice ALTTP.
- Boss Rush by superSKUJ and friends
- -The Boss Rush is a hack which pits the player against every boss back to back with different equipment based on the difficulty chosen.
- 1-Hit K.O. by GrygorS (Improvements by poor_little_pinkus)
- -A Hack where you take any hit in the game and you are dead. Also has a counter that tracks how many times you died.
- 1-Hit K.O. with Fast Mini-Moldorm by poor_little_pinkus
- -Replaces all the enemies in the game by Mini-Moldorms with accelerated movement, and if you get hit, you die.
- A Hover to Ganon by greenlinenshirt
- -Goal of the Hack is to defeat Ganon but requires you to hover several pits to reach goals.
- A Hover to Ganon 2 by greenlinenshirt
- -Same as the first version of the hack, but you instead have a full dungeon to complete with different hover challenges.
- One-Mind by kaizoman666
- -Played with 2 Players and 2 Controllers on the same console, and causes the active player to swap between controller Port 1 and Port 2 of the SNES after a certain amount of time. Have 2 difficulty included.
- 3 Heart Challenge by fmp
- -Plays normally except grabbing a Heart Container doesn't give you an extra heart in your bar, causing you to be forever stuck on 3 hearts.
- Stamina Challenge by fmp
- -You start the game with 20 Heart Containers, but you cannot refill those hearts if you are getting it. If you die, the game file gets deleted.
- Chaos by fmp
- -This hack applies random cheats and odd effects randomly.
- Old Practice Hacks by Acmlm and Helgefmi (aka poor_little_pinkus)
- -An archive of the previous versions of the Practice Hacks for ALTTP.